The punches I always have in easy grabbing range are my Handheld Punches. The handles fit over the edge of a storage box by straddling it and I can line them up in whatever order I choose. I usually have the 1/16” Circle Handheld Punch (134363) on the end, with the 1/8” Circle Handheld Punch (134365) next to it and the 1/4” Circle Handheld Punch (134364) next to that. My retired Handheld Punches complete the row.
Here is how I use them most frequently:
- 1/16” Circle Handheld Punch
- Punches holes for brads with thin prongs such as the Silver 1/8” Mini Brads (122941)
- Punches holes to tie Baker’s Twine, Linen Thread, or other thin cord
- 1/8” Circle Handheld Punch
- Punches holes for brads with wider prongs
- Punches holes to tie 1/8” ribbon, Thick Baker’s Twine, soft 1/4” ribbon
- 1/4” Circle Handheld Punch
- Punches holes to tie 1/4” to 1” ribbon
- Punches holes to thread thicker cord through
- Punches holes to allow Binder Rings to hold several sheets or pages of card stock or paper
Those are my top uses for each punch. They will all punch through two or three sheets at one time, depending on thickness. (The stickers with the sizes shown in the photo are my own.) I’m sure more uses will occur and I’ll post them here. If you have some pet uses for these punches, please feel free to mention them in Comments below.
By the way, the 1/16” and 1/8” Handheld Punches are part of the Weekly Deals this week! Check them out!
Got a question about a product, technique or tool? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or post your question in Comments. I’ll respond directly to your e-mail and post the answer here on www.3amStamper.com. If you need an answer right away, you may always contact my Help Desk at email@example.com.Read More