Being a Stampin' Up! ® Independent Demonstrator is a great way to bring in some extra cash for your holiday expenses. But you also can have fun with your fellow Demonstrators at events like my Downline Holiday Party.
We'll be having a buffet supper and optional gift exchange, plus we'll be watching one of the technique showcase videos from Convention 2011. My party is open to Demonstrators in my downline (my recruits and their recruits), both past, present AND those who are interested in learning more about the business opportunity! So you could come, too. Just give me a call at (707) 542-3696 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
By the way, I made my invitation with My Digital Studio (#118108 or My Digital Studio Express #124483) and the Jolly Bingo Bits Designer Card Template, included in the Bingo Card Stamp Brush Set Digital Download (#122182).Read More
… my family, my friends and my business!
I designed this simple template for a page to show our traditional family dinner pictures and have a place to write down everything I'm thankful for.
Take time to write down what you're thankful for – you don't even have to make a page out of it, but I'm sure your family would like it!
Happy Thanksgiving!Read More
When I got this card in a swap, I immediately thought of writing a note! My guest artist, Vanessa Zhong, used the Notably Ornate (#117098, Wood-Mount; #120561, Clear-Mount) and Artistic Etchings (#118517, Wood-Mount; #120573, Clear-Mount) Stamp Sets to accent her card.
Other Supplies Used: Always Artichoke (#105119), Early Espresso (#119686) & Very Vanilla (#101650) 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock; Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper (#122367); Early Espresso Classic Ink Pad (#119670); Decorative Label (#120907) & Scallop Edge Border (#119882) Punches; Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (#118309); Chocolate Chip 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon (#124142) and Pearls Basic Jewels (#119247)
This design makes a great quick note card – postcard style… you don't even need an inside! It can also become a notepad cover or a custom-stamped notepad. To make a notepad, cut sheets of paper or card stock such as Very Vanilla to the size you want, stamp them, stack them and brush one end with Mulitpurpose Liquid Glue (#110755). Let it dry and you're ready to go! You can also put the pad between the card shown as a cover and another piece of Always Artichoke Card Stock. It would make a nice gift, too!
Do you like to make hand-crafted gifts? What kinds? Please post in comments below.
Images © Stampin' Up!Read More
Until 11:59pm Mountain Time today, you can get the Simply Scored Scoring Tool and the Sweet Pressed Cookie Stamps at fantastic savings! Be sure to go through my online store to get the best price on these great Stampin' Up!® products!
The rest of the specials run through 11/30, but check back each day in case there are surprise daily deals!Read More
Stampin' Up!® is repeating its Online Extravaganza sale again this year – and it starts Monday, Nov.21st, with great savings like FREE digital downloads valued at $40 when you buy My Digital Studio Express, 60 percent off select Designer Fabrics, and 30 percent off an exclusive ribbon bundle! The sale runs through Wednesday, November 30th, so mark your calendars and check this link every day to see the daily specials.Read More
While wondering if I should make another cup of coffee this morning, I thought about making a "Perk Up" gift box that could hold one serving of coffee, tea, cocoa, etc. The Mini Milk Carton Bigz L Die (#117310) for the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439) sprang to mind.
The box is held together with a Mini Clothespin (#122942) so it will open easily. The box is very compact, so measure out a single serving of drink mix and put It in a Small Cellophane Bag (#103104). There is enough room for sweetener and creamer packets or mini marshmallows (packaged yourself). One of these would make a great gift for someone who's a little down in the dumps.
Stamps & Wheels: Morning Cup Stamp Set (#116988, Wood-Mount; 120489, Clear-Mount); Take A Sip Stampin' Around Wheel (#120323)
Card Stock & Paper: Sahara Sand 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock (#121043), 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"; Neutrals 12" x 12" Textured Card Stock Assortment (#121078), Early Espresso 1-1/2" x 2-1/2"
Ink & Color: Early Espresso (#119670) & Melon Mambo (#115656) Classic Stampin' Pads; Stampin' Pastels (#120962)
Accessories & Tools: Mini Milk Carton Bigz L Die (#117310); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Matchbox Bigz XL Die (#114890); Premium Crease Pad (#113476); Extended Cutting Pads (#113478); Mini Clothespins (#122942); Jewelry Tag (#117190) & 1/16" Circle Handheld (#101227) Punches; Sponge Daubers (#102892); Early Espresso Baker's Twine (#123124); Melon Mambo 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon (#122985); Blender Pens (#102845); Bone Folder (#102300); Sticky Strip (#104294); Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430).
- Cut Mini Milk Carton from Sahara Sand Card Stock. Tip: Place one end close to the die-cut edge so you'll have plenty of room to stamp the images on the scraps.
- Cut large decorative label shape from Early Espresso Textured card stock scrap. Note: cover the label only so you don't need to use the Extended Premium Crease Pad (#117630).
- Wheel bottom edge of Mini Milk Carton with Early Espresso Pad. Color in designs on cups with Blender Pen & Pastels. Fold all straight score lines and crease with Bone Folder. Do not fold the pop-out diagonals that form the spout. Assemble milk carton, adhering side and bottom with Stick Strip. Wrap ribbon around box above images and tie knot at corner. Trim ends.
- Stamp coffee pot image on scrap of Sahara Sand and color hearts with Pastels. Cut out and adhere to label shape with Stampin' Dimensionals. Adhere to front of box with Dimensionals. Tip: Attach label to box with one Dimensional on the bottom of the label and 2nd Dimensional on top of box before folds.
- Punch out Jewelry Tag shape on spare scrap of Sahara Sand card stock. Use outline for placement. Stamp "Perk Up" image with Early Espresso on another scrap. Line up inside tag outline and mark place for hole with pencil. Punch 1/16" hole through mark, then align Jewelry Tag Punch and punch out. Sponge Melon Mambo ink around edges. Thread twine through tag and spring of clothespin and tie off so tag dangles.
- Pinch top of Mini Milk Carton together, gently creasing folds. Hold closed with clothespin.
Fill your box and it's ready to give!
What do you like to do to cheer up a friend? Please post your tips in Comments below.Read More
Want to get your Holiday Cards done in a snap? Use My Digital Studio (#118108 or Express #124483) and one of the Photocard Templates to produce a beautiful card in seconds! It'll probably take you longer to pick the photo!
I popped this one out to show you. This is the Snowflake Flurry Trifold Card Designer Template (#125165). The only change I made was to insert a block of Blushing Bride Card Stock (comes in the software) as a place holder for the photo. Time elapsed: 22 seconds! (See, I told you it'd take longer to pick the photo!!)
You can have this card printed through the software in whatever quantity you need. It arrives in 7 to 10 days scored for easy folding and with the right size envelope!
Make a note to click my Order Online Button on Monday, November 21, and see the first goodies in Stampin' Up!®'s Online Extravaganza Sale – a little bird told me there might be free gifts when you download My Digital Studio Express!Read More
Today's card design is a Thank You Card made with the Fabulous Florets Stamp Set (#123025, Wood-Mount; #123027, Clear-Mount) from guest artist Brenda Keenan, one of my colleagues.
Her color scheme is Bashful Blue, Night of Navy & Daffodil Delight with Whisper White, accented with Rhinestones Basic Jewels (#119246), the Scallop Trim Border Punch (#118402) and the Perfect Details Texurz Plate (#115962) for the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439). The "thanks" image is from the Thank You Kindly Stamp Set (#111700).
The color palette reminds me of late-Fall, early-Winter skies. But it could also be Spring skies! I especially like the way Brenda stamped the Fabulous Florets, one of my favorite stamp sets.
To order what you need to complete this project, click on the Order Online Button at right.
Images © Stampin' Up!Read More
Send me a photo or scan of your project (card, page, whatever) with a list of supplies used (include manufacturer) by TONIGHT. Your e-mail must be dated 11/15 when I receive it, so that means Pacific Time. My judging team and I will pick a winner in each category (card, page, other) and will award a $10 Gift Certificate to each. The winners will also be guest artists here. Contest not open to Stampin' Up! Demonstrators. No limit on entries, but only one prize will be awarded in each category.
Enter early and often by e-mailing email@example.com! Deadline is 11:55pm Tonight – Pacific Standard Time.
Images © Stampin' Up!Read More
Click the links to look at the articles, or search this site for "use your scraps" and see what you can find! Then post your ideas in Comments below!Read More
As promised on Hallowe'en, here are the directions for the Hallowe'en Favor Boxes I made for my best Trick-Or-Treaters!
Stamps & Wheels: Beary Best Friends (#118052); Season of Hugs (#120823); Halloween Hang-Ups Jumbo Stampin' Around Wheel (#123840)
Card Stock & Paper: Brights 12 x 12 Smooth Card Stock Assortment (#119710), Tangerine Tango 12" x 6"; Watercolor Paper (#122959), 5-1/2" x 4-1/4"; Basic Black 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock (#121045), 5-1/2" x 4-1/4"
Ink & Color: Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad (#115657); Jet Black StazOn Ink Pad (#101406); Tangerine Tango (#120974), Garden Green (#100080), Soft Suede (#120973) & Crumb Cake (#120967) Stampin' Write Markers; Silver Fox (#119967), Gold Lame (#119968) & Moonlight (#119969) Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink
Accessories & Tools: Jumbo Stampin' Around Handle (#103661); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (#113439); Fancy Favor Bigz XL Die (#115965); Top Note Bigz Die (#113463); Crop-A-Dile (#108362); Stamp-A-Ma-Jig (#101049); Garden Green 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon (#124321), 18"; DOTTO Adhesive (#103305); Sticky Strip (#104294); SNAIL Adhesive (#104332); Mini Glue Dots (#103683); Paper Snips (#103579); Bone Folder (#102300); craft knife
- Cut a box with the Fancy Favor Die and Big Shot from Tangerine Tango card stock. Ink up wheel with Soft Suede Classic and roll over center of box. Assemble box with Sticky Strip. Punch holes in sides with Crop-A-Dile and thread ribbon through, knotting ends, for handle.
- Adhere Watercolor Paper & Basic Black card stock together with a small strip of DOTTO. Cut Top Note with watercolor paper face down. Separate and cut away trim from watercolor paper. Leave Basic Black as is.
- Stamp Bear image slightly offset in StazOn on watercolor paper. Use Stamp-a-ma-jig to position Halloween hat and stamp several times to darken the image. Color with markers. Cut around one paw with craft knife to hold pumpkin basket. Adhere to Basic Black with SNAIL, keeping paw free. Stamp greeting in Soft Suede above bear image.
- Stamp other images on scrap watercolor paper. Color images with markers and Smooch ink and cut out. Carefully trim away inside basket handle. Position pumpkin basket and other images and adhere with Mini Glue Dots.
- Attach matted image to box with Sticky Strip.
Your treat box is ready to fill!
You can use this design with or without handles to make favors of any kind. The Season of Hugs Stamp Set features a lot of different occasions!
To order what you need to complete this project, click on this link to my online store or click on the Order Online Button at right.Read More