Detailed Santa Card-Christmas & Holiday Color Combinations
I received this Detailed Santa Card from one of my readers, Linda Dugan. I decided that since I’m just doing Christmas and Holiday designs right now, I’d put off the Color Combination of the Week until next year.
Here’s an instant rundown of the traditional Christmas and Holiday Color Combinations:
- Red and Green = Complimentary Color Scheme. This can be any member of each Color Group put together.
- Red and White = Monochromatic Color Scheme. This is the scheme Linda used with Real Red and Whisper White card stocks. Her embellishments were iridescent sequins, which are actually clear and pick up light in various ways. I call them Neutral.
- Green and Silver = Monochromatic Color Scheme. Remember Silver is a Neutral as well. This would also apply to Green and Gold.
- Blue and White = Monochromatic Color Scheme.
- Any other Color and a Neutral = Monochromatic Color Scheme.
If you add any Neutral to any of these Combinations, you will not change the Scheme. For example, adding Crumb Cake to a Red and Green Combination does not change the Complimentary Color Scheme.
Likewise, if you add an additional member of the same Color Group to the Combination, your Scheme does not change. An example would be Pacific Point and Night of Navy from the Blue Color Group with Whisper White and Smoky Slate from the Neutrals Color Group. The Color Scheme remains Monochromatic.
Thank you, Linda, for providing me with today’s inspiration!
Did you know I have the Real Life Color Coach Hotline at 3amRLCC@gmail.com you may contact at any time? And I will answer you directly via e-mail as well as posting the answers here. The Hotline is perfect if you have questions about Color Schemes, creating color combinations for other cards or pages, the content of any of the Real Life Color Coach articles, or other crafting color-related issues.