Farewell to Summer
Today is the last day of summer and the first day of Fall. My Farewell to Summer Card design features a fleet of Hot Air Balloons, which are typical in my area on Summer mornings.
I used my favorite Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper for the background, since I wanted more color than a clouds or landscape scene. The balloons are stamped with the Ombre Stampin’ Pads in Calypso Coral, Bermuda Bay and Rich Razzleberry. You can see how well the colors coordinate with the background, even though other colors are used. That’s an advantage the Stampin’ Up!® exclusive colors gives you!
Calypso Coral, from the Orange-Red Color Group, and Bermuda Bay, from the Green-Blue Color Group, are Complements to each other. Rich Razzleberry is from the Red-Violet Color Group and is offset from a Triad. I’m putting this combination into the Complementary Plus Color Scheme.
This color combination is good for Just Because notes, Party, Birthday, Baby & Bridal Shower, Thank You and Feel Better cards and pages. I would temper these colors with Whisper White because the solid colors may be overwhelming.
- Summer Sorbet Wood-Mount Stamp Set 
- Summer Sorbet Clear-Mount Stamp Set 
- Tin Of Cards Photopolymer Stamp Set 
- Bermuda Bay Ombre Stampin’ Pad 
- Rich Razzleberry Ombre Stampin’ Pad 
- Calypso Coral Ombre Stampin’ Pad 
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad 
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock 
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Thick Cardstock 
- Calypso Coral 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock 
- Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper 
Tools & Adhesive
Ribbon & Trim
Did you know you can also qualify for Stampin’ Rewards from Stampin’ Up!® if your order product total exceeds $150. Just click on the Order Online Button in the right sidebar or on any of the product links in this article to order what you need to make your own Farewell to Summer Greeting Cards or Pages.