How About a Penguin Valentine?
I knew I wanted to make a Valentine for today’s Sizzix on Saturday feature, but then I remembered that the Hearts Collection Framelits™ Dies had retired! I, of course, still have them, but if you don’t, and you don’t have any other heart-shaped dies, you can make your large hearts the old-fashioned way:
- Take a scrap piece of card stock or paper (card stock will last longer)
- Fold it in half.
- Draw half a heart on one side.
- Cut out through both layers.
- Open out and use as a pattern to trace on your preferred card stock or paper!
You could also trace around a cookie cutter if you have a heart-shaped one of the size you want.
All of this fussing led me to using a Penguin on my Valentine. Luckily, the Snow Friends Framelits™ Dies are one of the Weekly Deals this week if you don’t have them. I discussed the advantages of using the Weekly Deals and the Bundle, which would be with the Snow Place Stamp Set, in my post, Bear Hugs Framelits™: Such a Deal.
After the penguin and its hat, the main Sizzix Big Shot™ product is the Happy Heart Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder. I had a dilemma trying to decide if I wanted the hearts in a tiled pattern (outline debossed) or in a raised outline pattern (embossed). I finally decided on the raised pattern because:
- It’s easier to apply adhesive to the back of the embossed layer
- It looks cool.
By the way, Real Life Color Coach note, the color scheme is a monochromatic scheme with Watermelon Wonder, Blushing Bride and Tangelo Twist along with Whisper White and Tuxedo Black. You can find more discussion about this in my Real Life Color Coach Color of the Week: Calypso Coral article.
- 2014-2016 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers 
- 2015-2017 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers 
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad 
- Blushing Bride 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock 
- Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper 
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock 
- Watermelon Wonder 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock 
- Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack 
Tools & Adhesive
- Fast Fuse Adhesive 
- SNAIL Permanent Adhesive 
- Stampin’ Dimensionals 
- Paper Snips Scissors 
- Envelope Punch Board 
- Happy Heart Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 
- Big Shot 
- Big Shot Magnetic Platform 
- Snow Friends Framelits Dies 
Did you know you can also qualify for Stampin’ Rewards from Stampin’ Up!® if your order product total exceeds $150. Also remember that you may select a free Sale-A-Bration item with every $50 you order through March 31st. To order what you need to make your own Penguin Valentines, just click on the Order Online Button in the right sidebar or on any of the product links in this article.