Today’s scrapbook page for a Class Picture is in the 9”x 12” size. I used My Digital Studio (#130647, Disc; #130646, Download) to design it. I am including the directions for both digital and traditional ways to make the page.
My Digital Studio (MDS) Scrapbook Page Directions:
- Run MDS and select Photobooks/Individual Pages.
- Select a 12” x 12” project and name it.
- Choose Elegant Eggplant Background Color
- Insert the Square Punch and stretch it to 9” x 13” so it goes off the page on both sides. Color Fill with Whisper White.
- Center the punch vertically on the page and a little offset. (You can use Arrange > Align vertically on page to make it easy.) Apply a mat to the punch that is size 4 or 6 and colored Garden Green.
- Select Wisteria Wonder Chevron Ribbon and add a strip to both top and bottom edges so at least half the ribbon shows. Move the ribbon layers to the back (on PC – <CTRL> <SHIFT> <DOWN>) so they show underneath the Whisper White area.
- Select the Chevron Border Punch (or drag and drop it) and color it Crushed Curry. Apply a drop-shadow (X = 1 or 2, Y = 1 or 2; opacity = 100%; blur = 0) of Elegant Eggplant so the punch will stand out. Copy and align across the top of the page, overlapping the green and ribbon borders.
- Copy one of the Chevron Border Punch images and rotate it 180 degrees. Copy this across the bottom of the page, again overlapping the green and ribbon borders.
- Add a Wisteria Wonder Chevron Ribbon V to one side. Move it to the back of the ribbon strip (on PC – <CTRL> <SHIFT> <DOWN>).
- Save the project.
Traditional Scrapbook Page Directions:
- Base page is Elegant Eggplant Card Stock from the Regals 12” x 12” Card Stock Assortment (#131188).
- Photo mat is Garden Green, also in the Regals collection, cut to 9-1/4” x 12”.
- Photo place holder is Whisper White 12” x 12” Card Stock (#124302) cut to 9-” x 12”.
- Adhere Whisper White to Garden Green pages.
- Adhere strips of Wisteria Wonder 3/4” Chevron Ribbon (#130017) behind the top and bottom edges.
- Make a “V” from another piece of ribbon and attach it to one side of the lower edge – staple it in place if you like.
- Adhere whole mat to Elegant Eggplant page.
- Punch Crushed Curry Card Stock, also from the Regals collection, with the Chevron Border Punch (#132154) so that you have enough of the Chevrons to go across the top and bottom borders.
- Adhere the Chevrons with dots of Multipurpose Liquid Glue (#110755) and let dry.
The Class Picture photos usually have date, place, etc. already on them, so your journaling is done!
The pages are ready to accept the photo. You can use the same color scheme to make additional pages for school year event photos, classmates’ individual photos (where the faces are large enough to see <wink>) and so on. I used the school colors to create the layout and, if there was room, I would stamp an image representing the school mascot or team name.
Would you like to share your class picture pages or layouts? I know the rest of us would love to see them! Email me at email@example.com and attach a picture/photo/scan. Plus, if you’re on my mailing list, include the list of supplies used and you’ll be eligible for my monthly contest. To sign up for my mailing list, fill out the form at the right.Read More