My Favorite Coloring Tools
My favorite coloring tools are Stampin’ Write Markers, Blender Pens (102845) and Aqua Painters (103954). I mentioned these in my article, “Bear Hugs Framelits™: Such a Deal” and decided to photograph the tools I would use to recreate the photo projects and that I discussed as your Real Life Color Coach.
The tools photo shows the Real Red Classic Stampin’ Pad (126949) open and with ink pressed into the cover, a Blender Pen, both Aqua Painters that come in the package, and the Real Red, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black and Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Write Markers.
By the way, I recommend getting all the main Marker colors in the Many Marvelous Markers (131264) set – there is room in the storage box for the In Color Markers, too. You save about 60 cents a pen and have a great box to keep them all in!
How about some Coloring Tips to go along with these tools:
- Stampin’ Write Markers
- Give a rich color, especially when you use Watercolor Paper (122959)
- Fill in the image with circular motions to make sure it blends. I often color a line by the edge, then go over it with circles
- Blender Pens
- Blend from the outer edge to the inner edge of the image.
- Use straight strokes to carry the color where you want it to go.
- Pick up color from the ink of the Classic Pad or a smear by a Marker and blend it on the image. This will give you a less intense color unless you go over it several times.
- Aqua Painters
- Gives you the best watercolor effect
- Pick up color from the ink of the Classic Pad or a smear by a Marker and wash it over the image.
- You can pick up extra color to increase the intensity.
- Don’t have your brush too wet.
If you need an answer to any question about the Stampin’ Write Markers, Blender Pens or Aqua Painters, or any other product or tool, feel free to comment below or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’ll send you the answer and do a post about it. If you need your answer right away, you may always contact my Help Desk at email@example.com.