Around where I live, Sangria is a party punch, especially in Summer, but it makes its appearance at all kinds of festive occasions throughout the year. The colors and flavors coordinate with Fall very well. It’s also a nice change from mulled wine.
I just had to do something with the citrus slice image from the Summer Sorbet Stamp Set, so I thought of making a Sangria card. I used Pumpkin Pie from the Orange Color Group and Daffodil Delight from the Yellow Color Group for the Orange and Lemon slices. Cherry Cobbler, from the Red-Violet Color Group, makes a good wine color. The polka dot background represents the bubbles you feel from drinking the wine and the bits of apple if you use them.
I didn’t have a Green light and bright enough to represent Lime, so I used Cucumber Crush, from the Green-Yellow Color Group to stand in for it. There’s only a hint of Lime in some Sangria recipes, anyway. I think this color combination is in the Analogous Plus Color Scheme. Orange, Yellow and Green-Yellow are adjacent to each other, with the Red-Violet adding the “Plus.”
This combination is good for party, of course, and birthday, anniversary, retirement, other celebrations, thank you and get well soon cards and pages.
By the way, my Sangria recipe goes like this:
- Cut up a couple of oranges and lemons and a lime or two into a large bowl.
- Drench with a couple of bottles of dry red wine, stir and chill for an hour.
- Taste and add club soda if desired, plus a little sugar, some brandy and maybe some apple chunks.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved. Let chill for another hour before serving.
- Summer Sorbet Wood-Mount Stamp Set 
- Summer Sorbet Clear-Mount Stamp Set 
- Birthday Fiesta Photopolymer Stamp Set 
- Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Daffodil Delight Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Cucumber Crush 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock 
- Whisper White 8-1/2″ X 11″ Thick Cardstock 
- Regals Designer Series Paper Stack 
Tools & Adhesive
Ribbon & Trim
Did you know I have the Real Life Color Coach Hotline at 3amRLCC@gmail.com you may contact at any time? And I will answer you directly via e-mail as well as posting the answers here. The Hotline is perfect if you have questions about Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Cucumber Crush, Analogous Color Schemes, creating color combinations for other cards or pages, the content of any of the Real Life Color Coach articles, or other crafting color-related issues.