Satin Ribbon Tie-Off Pocket Card
Several years ago, I gave some tips on using wide ribbon and talked about Satin Ribbon in particular. I love Satin Ribbon, but it can be slippery. The Tie-Off Technique works really well for this and other wide ribbon. It makes a quick & easy Pocket Card as well.
The Pocket Card uses 5-1/2” x 12” Designer Series Paper plus a 5-1/4” x 5-3/4” piece of coordinating Card Stock. Score the DSP at 6” and 10-3/4” along the long side. Fold the short section back to make a border. Stamp a sentiment if you wish.
Wrap the ribbon around the pocket so you can see the sentiment and tie off at the side. I used Linen Thread and wrapped it around the ribbon ends a few times before tying in a knot. Baker’s Twine would work just as well.
All the products used in this sample are retired, except for the Always Artichoke 8-1/2” x 11” Card Stock, the So Saffron 8-1/2” x 11” Card Stock and the Rose Red Classic Stampin’ Pad. I’ve included a list of substitutes you might like to try. The Color Scheme is based upon the selected Designer Series Paper pattern.
Tip: Only emboss the top inch of the card stock piece with your Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder after you stamp.
Substitute Product Lists:
- Touches Of Texture Wood-Mount Stamp Set 
- Touches Of Texture Clear-Mount Stamp Set 
- Teeny Tiny Wishes Clear Stamp Set 
- Teeny Tiny Wishes Wood Stamp Set 
- Mint Macaron Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- Calypso Coral Classic Stampin’ Pad 
- By The Shore Designer Series Paper 
- Mint Macaron 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock 
- Calypso Coral 8-1/2″ X 11″ Card Stock 
Tools & Adhesive
- Pansy Punch 
- Petite Petals Punch 
- Envelope Punch Board 
- Punch Corner Project Life 
Ribbon & Trim
- Mint Macaron 5/8″ (1.6 Cm) Mini Striped Ribbon 
- Linen Thread 
- Gold 5/8″ Satin Ribbon 
Did you know you can also qualify for Stampin’ Rewards from Stampin’ Up!® if your order product total exceeds $150. Remember also that you may select a free Sale-A-Bration item with every $50 you order through March 31st. Just click on the Order Online Button in the right sidebar or on any of the product links in this article to order what you need to make your own Tie-Off Pocket Cards.